Providing Quality Service for Over 75 Years
In 1947, founders Bob Leever and his wife, Marge, opened Leever Glass. Originally an auto glass replacement business, it quickly grew to replacing windows and mirrors. In 1948, son Bill joined the team and Leever Glass making it truly a family business. By 1954, the need for a larger facility moved the business from The Bakery Building in Defiance, Ohio to the Harley Whitacre Building. This allowed them to manufacture and add storm windows and doors, aluminum awnings, and custom fabrication of store front material.
In 1964, Bob and Marge retired and Bill took the business to new heights, bringing on sons John and Joe and expanding the service area to all of northwest Ohio, northeastern Indiana, and southern Michigan. Churches, colleges, high schools, building restorations as well as local homes all became customers of Leever Glass.
In 1992, Joe Leever as well as returning employee, Toby Nagel, took the reins. As Leever Glass continued to grow their projects became larger and more detailed yet still servicing the smaller projects. In fact, walk down any block of Defiance, Ohio and you are apt to see a Leever Glass installation or repair.
In 2015, Joe Leever, knowing the company was in good hands, retired leaving Toby Nagel with full ownership. Toby's leadership has proven priceless in the continued growth.
For over 75 years, Leever Glass has provided quality and service to the Defiance community and beyond.